Friday 20 June 2014

Meet Baby Beau & Our Family



Welcome to my new blog... Belle and Beau Montessori. My name is Nikki and I am a Montessori educator and a mother of three amazing children Izabelle, Shanti and Beau. I found Montessori education or should I say it found me when I had just finished my bachelor of Education and my eldest daughter Belle was beginning her first year of primary school over a 11 years ago.
As my teenage girls begin a new chapter in their education (high school & teritary education) I have embarked on motherhood all over again. My gorgeous 7 month old baby boy, Beau has inspired me to start this blog on my journey as a mother who is passionate about Montessori. I have been a Montessori teacher for 11 and half years and love how the philosophy has become a big part of who I am and how I am as a mother and partner. On this blog I will share ways in which we use Montessori principles in the raising of our beautiful Beau from a newborn to a toddler and beyond. I hope you enjoy reading my blog and it inspires a little Montessori in you too!



We are a family of five from Queensland, Australia and my husband is from British Columbia, Canada. We are currently living in Australia but are always back and forth between countries. I am currently a stay-at-home mother but am returning to work in October. My husband has a handyman service in Australia and his own business in Canada. 

In Canada we enjoy spending time camping, going for walks, feeding the birds on the pond, eating out and visiting grandma and grandpa.  In Australia we enjoy going to the beach, waterfalls and markets. Both in Oz and Canada I love to cook healthy organic foods using produce from our own garden and  local organic farmers.


The arrival of Beau has also inspired me to design and make (with the support of my family) children's educational sensory toys, mobiles, books and furniture that are designed with Montessori principles in mind.  Our beautifully hand-crafted weaning chairs and tables will be our first product ready for purchase from own on-line store, which will be up and running in the very near future!

Nikki xx




4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I can't wait xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice intro! Your family sounds so lovely and I am excited to see what sorts of toys you will be creating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margarita! We will be making weaning tables and chairs initially as well as little montessori grasping toys and montessori mobiles for infants and possibly some practical life items for older toddlers :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete